Quarantine started on March 13th for us here in Pennsylvania. It has been a very interesting two weeks of lots of cooking and family time. Which honestly I can't complain about. I love to cook and I love my house so even though a few months of this might be difficult we are living one day at a time and doing the best we can considering the situation!
My husband mike loves blueberry pie and I don't make it often enough so I thought this would be a nice recipe to do. It's super easy to make and somewhat healthy too considering its desert.
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca granules
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 premade pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F
- In a bowl, combine the berries with 3 tablespoons of sugar, the flour, and tapioca granules. Add the lemon juice and stir
- Line pie dish with 1 of the pie crusts.
- Spoon the berry mixture into the crust. Place the other crust on top. Press the edges of the crusts together with a fork and trim any excess dough around the sides with scissors.
- Brush the milk over the top crust and sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of sugar. Cut a few slits in the top to release steam as the pie bakes.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350˚F and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Cool the pie on for at least 2 hours to let the filling set.
- Slice and serve!
Share with us some of your favorite recipes!
We would love to hear what you are cooking up?